NOTE: All Competitive/Academy teams are now full.
We will be having evaluations for the 2023-2024 Fall/Winter Season.
Do not hesitate to subscribe to our newsletter for more information.
Welcome to Ottawa TFC's elite academy side!
Ottawa TFC's elite academy is a year-round program for players who want to train and compete at the highest level. Training sessions cover the full spectrum of player/athlete development, including: endurance, mental preparation, goal setting, advanced techniques, tactical awareness, discipline, mental toughness and more. Coached by Ottawa TFC's nationally licensed coaches, players train from Monday to Friday after school and play games on weekends. Teams compete in a combination of OPDL leagues (Ontario Player Development League) and older Regional and/or competitive adult leagues. Elite Academy teams regularly compete for provincial and national titles, most recently winning provincial or national titles at senior youth levels in 2022, 2021, and 2019 (no league in 2020 due to COVID).
Ottawa TFC's ultimate goal for the U13-U18 academy program is to ensure players follow Canada Soccer's talented pathway. Players in the program regularly move into provincial and national team programs, as well as into the TFC academy (boys only). The great majority of our graduating Academy receive opportunities to play at post-secondary schools across North America. Most also transition to various leadership roles at the club and beyond, giving back to their communities either through youth coaching positions or more.
Prior to attending any evaluations or training sessions, players MUST register for the following:
- New Player Evaluation Fee: $55.00 (if applicable, non-refundable)
- Base Competitive Fee: $265.00
- Non-Volunteer Fee: $50.00 per family fee that is credited after volunteering at the end of the summer season
- PLEASE NOTE
- Once placed on a squad, an additional academy fee will be applied to the players' account by the registrar after the player/family has received and accepted and invitation to join a team.
- Part of your fee is non-refundable and covers insurance and administration costs associated with registered players.
Details about the program
- 5-6 times/week - Millennium Park (2010 Trim Rd)
- Weeknight training between 4pm and 6pm
- Year-round program
- No sessions during summer break: Saturday, July 22 to Sunday, August 6
- REGISTER NOW
What equipment does my child need?
The registration fee includes an Ottawa TFC training shirt, which will be handed out during the first few weeks of training (depending on delivery dates). Players must order their team uniforms directly from our supplier (Uniform and Club Apparel). Players must purchase an Ottawa TFC backpack. Please communicate with the team manager for jersey numbering prior to ordering. Players are required to wear the given uniform, protective shin guards and cleats at all sessions.
Who can I contact if I have questions about:
- Registration process and/or PowerUp Portal, instalments, etc.: email@example.com
- Financial assistance: See webpage for more information
Player and parent requirements