Welcome to Ottawa TFC's competitive side!
The Ottawa TFC competitive program is for players moving up through our player pathway, and looking to train more often and compete amongst clubs in the district and region. As compared to our open programs, the competitive program provides an increased focus on player and leadership development, both of which are central to the club's player development philosophy. The competitive program includes those who are working their way up to the club's Academy tier, as well as talented young athletes who simply wish to compete at a high level in the regional and district. It's fun, challenging, and slightly more competitive than our open program.
What can I expect as a competitive soccer parent?
Competitive players train twice weekly and compete in weekly game play. We compete in local and regional leagues in the Eastern Ontario District Soccer Association (EODSA), and occasionally participate in festivals around the region and province.
Teams are led by Canada Soccer certified coaches, and overseen by some of our most advanced staff coaches. We are a National Level Youth Club, and the only club is the official Eastern Ontario youth affiliate of Toronto FC of Major League Soccer (MLS) - the highest professional level of play in North America. Players and parents in Ottawa TFC's competitive program can be proud of being part of one of the most respected programs in Canada. Players will grow as people, athletes and leaders,as these are some of our core principles and objectives as an organization. They can dream of moving up through the club's pathway to provincial, national team and professional programs, but they can also simply enjoy training and playing at a high level in the program itself.
Players are grouped by age and gender into teams/training groups.
Prior to attending any evaluations or training sessions, players MUST register for the following:
- New Player Evaluation Fee: $55.00 (if applicable, non-refundable)
- Base Competitive Fee: $265.00
- Non-Volunteer Fee: $50.00 per family per season fee that is credited after volunteering at the end of the summer season
- PLEASE NOTE
- Once placed on a squad, an additional competitive fee (ranging from $400-$500 depending on the level of play and commitment) will be applied to the players' account by the registrar after the player/family has been invited to, and accepted, a position in a team.
- Part of your fee is non-refundable and covers insurance and administration costs associated with registered players.
Details about the program
- 3 times/week
- 2 training sessions - Millennium Park (2010 Trim Rd)
- 1 weekly league play (Across the city of Ottawa)
- Optional Competitive Skills Center session (Registration)
- Mid-April to end of August (20 weeks)
- No sessions during summer break: Saturday, July 22 to Sunday, August 6
- REGISTER NOW
What equipment does my child need?
The registration fee includes an Ottawa TFC training shirt, which will be handed out during the first few weeks of training (depending on delivery dates). Players must order their team uniforms directly from our supplier (Uniform and Club Apparel). Players must purchase an Ottawa TFC backpack. Please communicate with the team manager for jersey numbering prior to ordering. Players are required to wear the given uniform, protective shin guards and cleats at all sessions.
Who can I contact if I have questions about:
- Raz El-Asmar, Girls Staff Coach
- Kousha Aminian, Boys Staff Coach
- Registration process and/or PowerUp Portal, installments, etc.: email@example.com
- Financial assistance: See webpage for more information
Player and parent requirements
Players and parents must abide to the Ottawa TFC Return to Play Protocol and the Code of Conduct.