Welcome to Ottawa TFC's academy side!
The Ottawa TFC Academy program is the highest level of play at the club. It is home to the most passionate and committed players at the club, and serves as a pathway to our provincially and nationally acclaimed Junior and Senior Academy programs that start at 13 years of age. Players will work with some of the most talented and highly certified coaches in the region, in a fun, challenging, and development focused environment which stands toe-to-toe with every program in the country.
What can I expect as an academy soccer parent?
U11-U12 Academy players train three times weekly and compete in weekly game play. We compete in local and regional leagues in the Eastern Ontario District Soccer Association (EODSA), and occasionally participate in festivals around the region and province.
Teams are led by Canada Soccer certified coaches, and overseen by some of our most advanced staff coaches. We are a National Level Youth Club, and the only club is the official Eastern Ontario youth affiliate of Toronto FC of Major League Soccer (MLS) - the highest professional level of play in North America. Players and parents in Ottawa TFC's academy program can be proud of being part of one of the most respected programs in Canada. Players will grow as people, athletes and leaders,as these are some of our core principles and objectives as an organization. They can dream of moving up through the club's pathway to provincial, national and professional team programs, but they should should above all be prepared to have a lot of fun along their journey, and enjoy a fun, safe, and challenging environment, every time they are out.
Prior to attending any evaluations or training sessions, players MUST register for the following:
- New Player Evaluation Fee: $55.00 (if applicable, non-refundable)
- Base Competitive Fee: $245.00
- Non-Volunteer Fee: $50.00 per family per season fee that is credited after volunteering at the end of the summer season
- PLEASE NOTE
- Once placed on a squad, an additional academy fee will be applied to the players' account by the registrar once players/families have received and accepted a position in an academy team or squad.
- Part of your fee is non-refundable and covers insurance and administration costs associated with registered players.
Details about the program
- 4 times/week - Millennium Park (2010 Trim Rd)
- 2 skills based practice sessions
- 1 games based practice session - Champions league format
- 1 weekly league play (Gloucester and Orleans)
- Mid-April to end of September (24 weeks)
- No sessions during summer break: Saturday, July 22 to Sunday, August 6
- REGISTER NOW
What equipment does my child need?
The registration fee includes an Ottawa TFC training shirt, which will be handed out during the first few weeks of training (depending on delivery dates). Players must order their team uniforms directly from our supplier (Uniform and Club Apparel). Players must purchase an Ottawa TFC backpack. Please communicate with the team manager for jersey numbering prior to ordering. Players are required to wear the given uniform, protective shin guards and cleats at all sessions.
Who can I contact if I have questions about:
- Caleb Malette, Girls Staff Coach
- Kaden Engbers, Boys Staff Coach
- Registration process and/or PowerUp Portal, installments, etc.: email@example.com
- Financial assistance: See webpage for more information
Player and parent requirements
Players and parents must abide to the Ottawa TFC Return to Play Protocol and the Code of Conduct.