What can I expect as soccer parent?
The U7-U8 Pre-Academy is the first step towards our nationally acclaimed academy programs. In addition to the base U6-U8 program, interested players should register for the U5-U8 Skills Centre Program which trains at the same time and place as the Pre-Academy sessions. Players will be invited into the Pre-Academy and grouped by ability once the season has started. Expect to participate in U6-U8 Base Grassroots Program, an additional Skills Center session each week, and occasional festival or champion's league play on Weekends. This program prepares players with extra training sessions for the Ottawa TFC's Academy programs at the U9 category.
Details about the program
- Millennium Park (2010 Trim Rd)
- To participate in the Pre-Academy, players must first register for both the U6-U8 Base Grassroots program, and the U5-U8 Skills Centre Program.
- 3 times/week:
- Thursday (Gloucester)/Friday (Orleans): Base Grassroots Session (U6-U8 Base Program)
- Wednesday: Skills Centre Session (U5-U8 Skills Centre Program)
- Saturday: Morning Champions league (Pre-Academy players Only)
- June 4 to August 27 (No session on July 1 and week off from July 23-31)
What equipment does my child need?
The registration fee includes an Ottawa TFC training shirt (from the Skills Centre), wear black shorts and socks from base program. Players are required to wear the given uniform, protective shin guards and shoes at all sessions. Soccer cleats are allowed and recommended at all age groups but not necessary at these ages.
Who can I contact if I have questions about the program, address my concerns, inform the coach of a particular issue with my child, etc.?
Jordan Lundin, U8-U10 Girls Staff Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brogan Engbers, U9-U10 Boys Staff Coach, email@example.com
Kaden Engbers, U4-U8 Staff Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Player and parent requirements